Thursday, April 28, 2005

Where is my mail?!

I'm really flooded with emails right now. My inbox is jam-packed and running over... and it's a monster to get back under control. But my postal mail is missing altogether, and I'm really starting to miss it!

I think it's been almost two weeks since I've seen a real piece of mail. I go out there every day and peer in the box... and it's empty every time. I finally called the USPS yesterday and said "WHERE IS MY MAIL?" in total desperation. I said, "It's been 10 days" and she said "Yes, but has it been 10 business days?" - Bummer *sigh* No, it had not.

She seemed to think it was still coming and that there was nothing to worry about (yet). Apparently this is a "normal" waiting period for the change of address to take affect. I've *never* in my life had it take this long, though. This is nuts!

Somebody, somewhere, has a BIG stack of envelopes with my name on them. Packages and magazines and letters and checks (did I mention checks??) and coupons & offers and all that good stuff. I love my mail. The empty box day after day (after day after day) is really stressing me out!

By the way, my new mailing address is:

Lynn Terry
202 Park Avenue
McMinnville, TN 37110

It's going to be like Christmas for me when my mail finally does arrive, so if you want to add to the fun, drop me a postcard ;)