Tuesday, December 21, 2004

Ok, Already!

It's all the rave, right? You hear about it in every other email lately. I'm talking about: Instant Buzz. (If you havent heard about it, you havent checked your email lately - period)

I had resolved to ignore it, along with all of the Christmas deals, simply because I was busy with my current marketing plan - not to mention my holiday plans. And this is what I said to the last few people that asked my thoughts on it - just that it came at bad timing, and the over-promotion left me with no desire to introduce it to my own subscribers.

However, I got a message from Henrik Flensborg this morning with an invitation to join Instant Buzz, and on a whim decided to give it a shot. Henrik is a very good friend, and needed 4 more sign-ups within that hour to reach a certain level. That's "relationship marketing" at work for you - I couldnt turn him down ;)

I have to say... I'm impressed with how easy it was to set up. What they say in all of those emails is true - it literally only takes 5 minutes to have it up and running, your ad showing and all.

It will be interesting to see the results. I pointed my ad to www.TurningIdeasIntoDollars.com , which has a decent conversion rate. I felt like this would be a good match for those using Instant Buzz, and I'm also interested in seeing if this traffic converts as well as the traffic we've sent to that site in the past.

The Invitation System is interesting - they dont allow mass promotion, so you dont get an affiliate or referral link. People have to actually find someone that has an account at Instant Buzz, and request an Invitation from them. Or you can send Invitations to people you think may be interested. But it costs you in credits to do so - which keeps those invitations very selective.

I think I have 29 credits at the moment - I assume this number will change throughout the day. So if you do want an invitation, I'd be happy to send it. (I would need to know your first name, last name and email address)

And that's about all I know at this point. It will be interesting to see if it results in traffic and sales... or not. Prior to installing it myself, I would have voted on "or not" - but I have to admit that the little toolbar has a certain appeal.