Thursday, February 03, 2005

Did you notice that?

I've had Yahoo set as my home page for the last few weeks, as I've been doing some research on their SERPs (search engine results pages) and also use Yahoo to research backward links. Anyway, when I opened my browser yesterday, I noticed one of the links in the link box there on the main page had changed colors:



Usually this means that link has been visited, although those types of links are usually purple - not pink. It stood out to me right away, and my first thought was "Who in the world is surfing the Y! Personals on my computer??"

LOL

Obviously it's just a marketing ploy - and it worked. It was the first thing I noticed on my Yahoo home page when I opened the browser :p

I have to hand it to them - that's a really good way to draw attention to specific sections of their site, especially during seasonal promotions or for "hot market" type products or services! Don't you agree?