Wednesday, December 29, 2004

My Favorite Fortunes

My son came home today, from his 10-day visit with his father. As planned, we met up in Chattanooga and then headed over to Chef Lin's for the buffet (all-you-can-eat sushi, mmm!). It was a nice trip and a great lunch, and then we celebrated Christmas with Zack when we all got home this evening.

When I sat down here at my desk for a quick check on the email & forums, I pulled my Fortune out of pocket and taped it up on my wipe-off calendar... beside my other favorites. Today's said:

Your Principles Mean More To You Than Any Money Or Success.

That one made me smile :) Other recent favorites:

Do not let great ambitions overshadow small successes.

You have an iron will, which helps you succeed in everything.

It is better to have a hen tomorrow, than an egg today.


Fortunes are just fortunes - nice sayings on little pieces of paper, handed out randomly. But they're fun... and one that hits home is always worth saving and reading over and over :) On that same note, have a look at my Horoscope for the day (I'm a Gemini):

This could be the culmination of all your hard work. You've been looking forward to this moment, but what lies beyond it seems just as real. Move on without pausing. Take a deep breath and take the plunge.

I dont "live by" my horoscope, and mostly just consider them "fun" - but it's sure nice when things line up to give you positive messages for the day!