Thursday, December 02, 2004

Wouldn't It Be Fun?

The car was frosted over when I went out to take the children to school this morning... so I guess winter really is about to set in. The weather has been so nice up until now, that it was hard to believe that Christmas was only a few short weeks away. But this little cold snap really did it's job of getting me in the mood ;)

The weather here in Tennessee is actually very mild, so "winter" is only around for maybe 6-12 weeks, with two or three good snows. And this cold spell is really just a fake, as it won't turn cold here for another month (give or take).

Still, it's time to pull out those winter coats while I'm locating the Christmas decorations... and turn the house upside down for the change of season. Even though this only has to be done twice a year, it's something I really dread. It would be nice if you could have a "winter closet" and a "summer closet" and then just push a button and they would rotate :p

All that aside, I'm really looking forward to the holidays. This year my son is going to his father's, and my daughter will most likely go to her grandmother's (on her father's side) to celebrate with all of her cousins and aunts and uncles. I'm always flexible, so that they can spend time with family they dont get to see so often, so this year we are going to celebrate Christmas together on New Years.

We've done this before, and it's quite fun! You get to stay up late to ring in the New Year - lots of fun, games & snacks... and the countdown, of course. And then wake up and open presents the next morning, followed by a big family dinner in the formal dining room.

Since the kids probably won't be home on Christmas Eve, I am planning to go with Albert to deliver gifts for a few hours that evening. He told me just last week that they were calling for volunteers, and that's something I've always wanted to do -but never had the opportunity. Even if my daughter decides to stay home, I know she would enjoy doing this with us - so it should be fun, regardless ;)

And then - well, you know what happens right after Christmas, right? Yes... everything goes on sale!! Not just a little sale... but almost all of the merchandise is marked waaay down :) And that is when I plan to do my Christmas shopping ;) LOL - cool, huh? Definitely one of the better perks to my combo-holiday plans!

I think I'm going to have to get the tree up, and put on some holiday music, before I can really get in the mood to sit down and finish my Christmas Cards. I absolutely love to send them, and of course I really love to receive them!

I'll tell you what - I won't even hint around about this, I'll just tell you straight out. My mailing address is printed at the bottom of every newsletter issue that I send out... so since you have it, I would really love to get a card from YOU! And if you would be kind enough to send me your mailing address, I would really love to send you a little holiday cheer from ME :)

Just to make it easy, here's everything all in one spot:

My email address is Lynn@SelfStartersWeeklyTips.com

And my mailing address is:

Lynn Terry
109 Rebel Hill Street
McMinnville, TN 37110


Wouldn't it be fun? I think so :)