Thursday, October 06, 2005

Just my luck

So I decided to have a couple of drinks last night. A few, actually. Three, to be exact... and I'm not a drinker. No big deal, right? The last month has been really difficult and I figured it would do me good to unwind and have a good nights sleep.

I did, and it was :)

This morning I was up at 5:30am as usual... with a nice little vodka hangover. Nothing major, just a dull persistent headache and a fleeting thought of going back to bed :p

6:40am - the electric company arrives. It's now almost lunch and they are still trimming the trees in the front yard. And that wouldnt be so bad except they have this huge and incredibly loud grinding machine thingy running non-stop right along side the trimmers.

Did I mention it was loud??

Of course, you know what they say: When it rains, it pours. The plumber showed up around 9am to check out the problem that popped up in the bathroom. A drain line or something had busted... I dont know - whatever it was, we were without water yesterday. Or rather, I should say, we did have water but using it caused some kind of volcanic activity in the bathroom. LOL Oh brother.

So along with the electric company and their beeping trucks and rumbling grinder out front, I now have plumbers digging up the entire yard out back :)

Nice. I gave up on the notion of sneaking a cat nap, and decided to catch up on some work instead. No big deal :p


By the way - did you catch Dr Phil yesterday?? I dont watch very much tv myself, and I'm certainly not a Dr Phil fan... but Mary Goulet was on the show yesterday! Actually it was both Mary and Heather, partners in the www.MomsTown.com site & show.

They joined Dr Phil on a quest to help Moms get more organized and cut the chaos and clutter out of their lives. It was a pretty good show... and funny, too - or at least I thought it was ;)

Anyway, it was great to see Mary & Heather... and the kids too. I guess it's been 2 1/2 years since my last trip to San Diego (since before I moved here to take care of Grandmother full time). Portia (Mary's youngest daughter) looked so BIG on the show!! The last time I saw her she was just a cute little bundle with a big cheeky smile sitting in my lap :)


Not much else to share on this end. I've been keeping busy, enjoying the fall weather - oh, and... well, doing a little shopping of course :) I'm not shopping for "back to school". I'm not shopping for "holidays". But yet I'm still in the mood to shop lately it seems... Must be the Fall weather, or just the subliminal "shopping season!" messages floating around everywhere I go.

I noticed affiliate sales are back up the last week or so, too... so I'm not the only one :)

Anyway I'm a big FranklinCovey fan, so I was surfing their site over the weekend. I checked out their new products, clicked around to see what they had on sale. And then I decided to check for Franklin Covey products on eBay. Wow - what a steal! I Won a classic size leather zipper binder for 99 cents! LOL (and, um, I still have 2 or 3 bids out on other items that were just too cool to pass up hehe) - you've gotta admit, the binder/purse combos are really nice!

Speaking of which... you can even surf Wal-Mart's clearance aisle online! There are lots of great deals online these days - dell.com, walmart.com, amazon.com, ebay.com... just to name a few of my favorites.

I'll definitely be doing my holiday shopping from right here at home again this year ;)