Saturday, November 26, 2005

Christmas Shopping Online

My daughter wants a "cell phone" this year. She's only 9... but I am considering it. Recent change of heart, actually - because I found you can get a Nokia Tracfone on their website for under $20... that includes a 40 minute airtime card.

This is not the cheapie phone you can get at Wal-Mart for $19.99 right now, but a different model. It's a much better deal to get it online, I've figured out.

(the phones & deals vary by your location - you'll have to enter your zip code to see what kind of deal you can get in your area: tracfone deals )

Tracfone

The Tracfone is a pay-as-you-go deal, so I wont be locked into a contract with it, and the cards will make nice gifts for her year 'round - or something relatives can easily mail in a birthday card.

I was also looking for a karaoke machine - and found some great deals online! The best deals that I found were on eBay and Amazon. There was one model on Amazon you could get for $39.99 brand new (and it retailed for almost $100 more on the manufacturers site). I ended up finding one on eBay that was just minutes from ending, though... and snagged a great deal there ;)

A quick search on Google uncovered these Karaoke CD's that you can get for just $5 each: http://www.acekaraoke.com/backstagecdg0.html . Knowing nothing about karaoke myself, I called their customer service line and asked if they worked in all models... and if these CD's had words that would show on the screen. Yes and yes (duh, right? LOL).




What's next? Dont know yet... but I'm going to finish this hot cup of coffee and surf the deals a bit more to see what else I come across. It's a nice quiet Saturday afternoon... and I have all the time in the world. You cant beat this kind of shopping!