Friday, December 02, 2005

Video Weblog - Black Eyed Peas

The Black Eyed Peas are just pure entertainment, in my opinion. I havent heard a song yet, or seen them on tv, that I didnt laugh -- or just want to get up and move! Havent heard their music? Check out: Dont Phunk With My Heart or My Humps (LOL this second one cracks me up!!).


I first saw them when they performed live during the Grammy Awards in 2004. Some of their music I love, some I could just take it or leave it. But they are certainly popular... and obviously know how to keep their fans happy!

Most interesting to me (and what I thought even non-fans would find interesting!) is this recent news:

"On December 1st The Black Eyed Peas will be the first band in the world to have their own video weblog that is powered by 3G (3rd generation) mobile..." --> www.blackeyedpeas.com

If you click on the link and take a look around their website, you will find it to be a very interactive (and very active!) environment. I love the concept!

"While on tour in Europe, the Peas are each equipped with 3G, video call enabled phones. This allows them to "call to the site" at any moment, giving you a peak at what's going on behind the scenes."

They also feature headlines and articles of interest to their fans, you can send e-cards from their site, comment on their videos and other entries, access their downloads, and even shop "The Official Black Eyed Peas Online Store".

What I love most is that they are embracing technology, and using it to reach out and connect with their fans. It's a brilliant marketing strategy. Some seem more concerned with theft and piracy issues than they are with making positive strides... this is one terrific example of "making it work for you" instead of "fearing it will work against you".

Check it out - let me know what you think ;-)