Tuesday, September 14, 2004

A Million Bucks!

Yeah - that's me. I feel like A Million Bucks today! :D I sound horrible (like a man in drag!), but I feel grreeeeaaat - - for a change :p It's nice to be motivated again, get something accomplished, to be able to think straight - geez! LOL. The last three weeks have been pure torture, but I finally feel like I'm getting on the good side of this.

I'm even having a good hair day to top it all off ;)

After a round of antibiotics and a strong dose of steroids (DO NOT EVER take those if you can help it - ACK!), I ended up back in ER over the weekend and came home with 5 new prescriptions... none of which I could keep down. Back to the doctor yesterday - and then I slept almost 30 hours straight.

About those steroids... the doctor failed to mention they may make you PSYCHO. I had to send myself to my room more than once last week! I cried, and cried and cried. And it seemed to me that the tree's were trying to tell me something. Nuts, I tell you! I am SO glad to have that out of my system - whew.

Anyway, after my appointment yesterday (where I cried "please, please - I'm so sick of being sick!") they gave me something to keep me from being sick - so yes, that makes 6 bottles of meds now (ugh). The problem was that I couldnt swallow - at all. I could show you pictures but it would really gross you out - I'll save you the trauma. So I obviously couldnt eat. But I did try - after all, you cant take all these meds on an empty stomach, right? Right. Well, it took me over an hour to eat half a cup of chicken noodle soup. By the time I got that far, I was hungry all over again! Definitely a losing battle there. The doc said "quit trying to eat". She said "just take this, quit eating, swallow the pills, and go back to bed". So I did.

I woke up at 2:30 this morning shivering so hard my teeth were chattering in my head. I rolled over and fell back asleep. About an hour later I woke up drenched in sweat and got up to grab a glass of juice and take a lukewarm bath. Ahhh.

It's finally over. I think it's passed. I look at my precious 8yo daughter and wonder how in the world such a sweet and innocent little girl can carry such nasty germs home from school! Funny how she got over this bug in a measily 48 hours - as did my son and my grandmother. My daughter said to her brother, "I'm glad you got it cause that means it got out of me and into you" (hahahahaha).