Wednesday, September 08, 2004

Ezine Advertising

Fabio Marciano recently came out with The One Minute Ebook... and I went nuts over it. With so many 'junk' products floating around out there, this one really impressed me. I shouldnt have been surprised, as I've known Fabio for a couple of years now and read The Secrets of Wealth (softcover - check amazon.com) when he first came out with it. He's a phenomenal writer in my eyes.

Anyway, I happen to have a friend who caters to authors and freelance writers online: Dallas Franklin of http://www.sellwritingonline.com/ . I've been subscribed to her newsletter for quite a while - a year or more - so when she recently offered an advertising special... I decided to take her up on it. The timing was perfect, as I'd just read OME (The One Minute Ebook) and I figured I would test the promo with her market.

I believe Dallas has around 1200 subscribers. I take that back - I just looked and her site says 2500. I'm not sure where I came up with the other number... but anyway - I've found the list to be responsive ;)

I ordered an advertising package that included 7 ads - 3 Solo's and 4 top spots in her regular issue for $55. My first Solo ran last week, and I put in a basic review of OME... which resulted in 9 sales. Commission for affiliates of OME is $11.99 (the ebook sells for $27) so I earned a total of $107.91 from that first Solo. My second Solo runs today, and I basically backed up the first review with a follow-up and an excerpt from OME. I'll keep you posted as to the results...

As for the top spots, for the first one I included the offer for Mike Litman's free CD and free bestseller - I believe there were 3 sales and 6 subscribers as a result of that Ad. So I've already more than doubled my money with today's Solo and four more ads yet to run. For the next top spot ad, I was planning to mention either OME again, or another of Fabio's new products: "Write it Fast!". I may make the link there in the top spot ad and then run WIF in the next Solo...

I'll be putting SWO on the list I'm compiling of newsletters to advertise in... and I'll be on the lookout for more to test over the coming months!

Bottom line: You dont need your own product OR your own list to make money online. The fastest way to "get in on the action" is to capitalize on the results of other people's hard work and years of experience. Obviously the experience I shared above is a small example - but I'm sure you can see that this is just the tip of the iceberg, and that there is tons of potential.

And there's even a way to do it without spending a dime on ezine advertising... Just ask Jason Cox!