Monday, February 27, 2006

Single Again...

This is definitely a 'behind the scenes' post ;-)

As you might have guessed, Albert and I parted ways several months ago. After 2+ years together, the relationship just wasn't going in a good direction. I'll spare you the details, but suffice it to say I am now a single woman (yet again)!

It's been a few months actually... but somehow I had a hard time admitting the failure and fessing up to the fact that I was a fool in it all. Who knew, right? I suppose it's only natural to take the time to deal with it all before you can brush yourself off and move on.

Despite my tendency to relocate, I've decided (at least for now, LOL) to grow some roots here in this small town. I do have some family here, and lately I've been making some new friends and finding some new things to get into. The kids seem very grounded here, too, which was a big factor in my decision to stay - even after Grandmother passed. She was my reason for moving here in the first place... and it feels like that is 'roots' enough to grow on.

Lately life has been all about me and the kids. I've lost 13 pounds while participating in the Body Challenge (alongside several other Internet Marketers). I bought some new furniture, had a few weekend slumber parties with the kids, got my hair lightened, and caught up with some old friends. Ann Marie is joining a softball league, Zack has just set up a dedicated server on America's Army with a few of his buddies... and we are all three having a great time and staying on the go.

Life is good :-)

So what's on the agenda for me, now? For the rest of this year I'm going to focus on my work, on my book... and on myself. I have a few trips planned as well - some business, some pleasure. I love to travel, and there's nothing better than a little adventure... especially when it involves sunshine, bare feet and lots of fun!