Tuesday, October 12, 2004

Advertising on Forums

I just got word that you can now advertise on the ClickBank Success Forum. Details can be found here: www.clickbanksuccessforum.com/advertising.htm . The prices are *very* reasonable - of course, you'd have to test the response & conversion.

My first thought? I wonder why they are accepting paid advertising versus running their own ads. It looks like they're doing that already... so does that mean that they arent earning as much on those ads as they would be from advertisers? I guess I'm asking: why would you give up the space for $x if that space was already earning you that much or more?

Hmm.

It's a thought that's crossed my mind over the last year or so - that I could offer an ad spot at my forum, site or newsletter. I always dismissed it, though, as I like total control over the ads that are displayed - - that they match my market, promote a decent product, etc. Not to mention the time involved in accepting advertising and keeping up with it all. And then there's the concept that if the space is valuable enough to sell, that it's even more valuable to me than that dollar amount. Like I said, I've never seriously considered it.

And on that note, I'd better get back to my website updates - which includes updating my forum template ;)