Saturday, May 14, 2005

Be Inspired

We can be inspired by many things, and in many ways. Sometimes it is intentional, such as when you read the work of Napoleon Hill or Og Mandino. Other times it is unexpected, like when you meet someone that inspires you... or see a thing or place that captivates you and becomes an inspiration to you.

Some people choose to be inspired, or even include something inspirational in their daily routine - such as a devotionals or affirmations... while others become inspired in a more spontaneous way, such as when it falls on their head or trips them and forces them straight into it.


in·spire
To affect, guide, or arouse by divine influence.
To fill with enlivening or exalting emotion.

To stimulate to action; motivate.
To affect or touch.
To draw forth; elicit or arouse.
To be the cause or source of; bring about.
To stimulate energies, ideals, or reverence.


Do you choose to be inspired?

What inspires you most?

Those are general questions, I realize - but I am asking you if your mind is open to being inspired on every level... and also if you intentionally seek inspiration, such as through reading or reminding yourself of specific goals.


I look for inspiration in everything - always open to things that will improve my business, my home or my lifestyle. This is one of the reasons that I love to read, and to meet new people. Sometimes just seeing something that I truly love or that really captured my attention will give me drive and motivation for months to come... considering all possible scenarios to achieve it.

And in the spells when I am feeling down or tired, or not particularly motivated... these are the times that I am not looking outward, but focusing more inward instead.

Just a little self-discovery. Would love to hear your thoughts, too.