Monday, July 04, 2005

Getting it DONE

This week the focus is on completing projects. Re-arranging my office and getting all of my paperwork organized made me realize just how many projects I have going at the moment. I took the opportunity to compare tasks against goals, and completely update my 'Brain Dump' - which is my master task list.

There are quite a few things that can be knocked out in a few minutes, or even a few hours, and my goal this week is to mark as many of those little tasks off of my list as possible.

I have to say, the last few weeks have been super-productive so I am feeling a huge sense of relief lately anyway. After the move a few months ago, I felt overwhelmed with everything - catching up on my work, getting settled into our new home, yada yada yada. So to finally come to a point where things are running smooth again is NICE.

Still, there is plenty to do and I am really itching to meet my goals for the year. I am launching several new sites, and putting some time in to promote them all. My plan is to have them completed by the end of the year so that they are all "maintenance only" by 2006. Done right, a couple of months of hard work can pay off for the rest of the year!

Of course, today I am taking some time off. I've got to go whip up a few dozen deviled eggs and get things ready for the fireworks & cookout tonight ;) Happy 4th to those of you that are celebrating!